-->

BOOK REVIEW | May 17 | my new room

my new room by Lisa Stickey


This is Edith.  She's moving into a new room.



These are Edith's favourite toys.  She's found a special place for each of them in her new room.


I really like her crochet bedspread - I would really like one of these and am not anywhere near good enough at crochet to make one...



Thankfully all Edith's toys love her new room, and they make a banner to tell her!


I loved Lisa Stickey's first picture book - Handstand - a counting book.  She combines her beautifully simple pencil drawings with some collage pieces (like the crochet bedspread that I love).  The text is wonderfully created to look like Edith has written this herself, and is presented on "lined paper" for great effect.  This will be a big hit.  And I think Lisa Stickey is going to become a classic name in picture book illustrating.


[Thanks to the publishers Pavilion for sending me my new room]





No comments:

Post a Comment